[highlight]Master the menu settings and manual controls to shoot great video with your Canon 70D camera.[/highlight]
Learn how to shoot great looking video with your Canon 70D by mastering which controls to use and making sense of the often confusing menu settings.
Gain the confidence and know-how to get out there and shoot better video with your Canon 70D.
- What are the optimal menu settings for shooting video
- When to shoot in Auto and when to shoot in Manual modes
- How to Shoot Video in manual mode
- How to focus properly
- What SD cards can I use?
- Pictures Styles and how to modify them
- Some real world examples
Benefit from my 20 years of professional experience…and mistakes!
Shooting video with DSLR cameras such as the Canon 70D can be quite confusing at first. In my role as a professional freelance video cameraman I get to shoot with a large variety and style of cameras. When I first picked up a Canon DSLR to shoot video I have to admit to being a bit baffled as to even how to switch it into video mode or even focus the camera correctly!
Courses such as this help you short cut the often quite steep learning curve. For instance did you know you just can’t use any old SD card to shoot video? You get the benefits of my experience (and mistakes made) so you can concentrate on capturing whats happening in front of the camera.
Preview from actual course, Chapter 5: Setting Exposure from the actual courseLearn More
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at people new to shooting video with their Canon 70D or perhaps more experienced users wanting to hone their skills. The course has also been popular with stills photographers wanting to learn more about the video functions of the camera.
Its a 10 chapter video course and contains 1 hour and 8 minutes of material (I was hoping to keep it under 1 hour so I could say “Learn in under 1 hour”, but its close). I’m not a fan of some online courses promising 4 or more hours of material because if you’re like me you will never get through the whole lot.
What you will learn starts with the camera hardware and menu settings, I then move into using the auto and full manual controls, exposure, focus, audio and then some real world examples of putting it all into practice.
My style is short and sharp and I only discuss the areas of the camera essential to shooting video.
What this course isn’t? This course deals solely with shooting video with the Canon 70D, it does not go into shooting still pictures or post-production and video editing.
What are the requirements?
Students should own or have access to a Canon 70D DSLR camera.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Learn to Master the physical controls and buttons essential for shooting video
- How to setup the menus to optimise for video capture
- Make sense of the many Picture Profiles available in the menu
- Tips and techniques for best capturing sharp focus and accurate exposure
- Learn how to record manual audio for best results
- [highlight]My overall aim for you on completing this course is to give you the confidence to concerntrate on capturing great video instead of having to worry about the camera setup and menus.[/highlight]
- Over 10 lectures and 1 hour of content and 1 page PDF summaries for each chapter
What is the target audience?
- This course is aimed at Canon 70D DSLR camera owners who are new to shooting video with their camera or those who wish to master the manual controls for shooting video.
Course Table of Contents
Chapter 1 -Introduction
Chapter 2 – The Hardware
Chapter 3 – Full Auto
Chapter 4 – Shoot in Manual Mode
Chapter 5 – Setting Exposure
Chapter 6 – Focus
Chapter 7 – Audio (Look with your ears)
Chapter 8 – Lenses
Chapter 9 – Putting it all together
Chapter 10 – Conclusion
1. What do I get with my purchase?
Once purchased you get immediate access to the course page where you can stream the videos or download the course videos. You will get 10 lectures and over 1 hour of content.
2. How is the course delivered?
The course is hosted on the Teachable.com platform and all payment is handled through their secure servers.
3. How can I pay?
Payment can be made with VISA or Paypal and is made using the Teachable.com secure payment processing.
4. Can I get a refund if I’m unhappy?
I sure hope you won’t be unhappy but if for some reason the course isn’t for you then you can contact me via the Teachable learning platform and can get a full refund in the first 30 days.
5. Can I share the files or my access with others?
No and please don’t, its taken a lot of work to get this course up and all sales go into boosting my confidence to develop more courses. The course page is also restricted to registered users only who purchase the course.
Any questions, please email me at this address.